working at bay shore systems
To create a business of business people.
To make our customers say wow, be the envy of our competition and to provide the best jobs our employees have ever had.
Our Past, Present and Future
Founded in 1978 by Herb and Paulette Minatre, Bay Shore Systems Inc. started in the Bay area of California. In 1996 the company and its 5 employees found their home in Rathdrum, Idaho and we have been growing ever since. By expanding our product lines, entering new markets and creating the opportunities for our people to grow personally and professionally, we strive to create a sustainable business of business people.
It's dirty, tough and exciting
At Bay Shore Systems, we custom engineer and build tough, reliable drills for specialty drilling contractors, utilities & transmission line companies and general contractors. We give our customers around the world the extra advantage for extreme and conventional foundation drilling. Our construction drilling equipment is built to last a lifetime, which is why 99 percent of our drills are still in use today.
Why should you work at Bay Shore Systems? We have been around for 40 years, owned by the same family. At Bay Shore, you feel like you’re a part of the family. We have a culture of safety, health and well-being. We create camaraderie through team building, picnics, sporting events, an annual holiday party, and an annual charity golf tournament!
Our company is growing, and we are looking for motivated employees. Do you want to grow with us? We offer production positions including fabrication/welders, machinists, painters, assembly mechanics, etc. We also offer positions in Customer Service, Sales, Engineering, Management, Admin./HR, Technology, and more.
Our business model
At Bay Shore, we make “business” an easily-understood game that we all do our best to win, creating a whole business filled with business people who can make the best decisions personally and professionally. To do this, we have:
- Open-book management allows all employees to understand and predict the financial well-being of the company.
- A profit-sharing program that allows employees to benefit financially from the success of the company.
- All-team huddles to determine if we are winning or losing as a business and what we need to do to win.
- Financial literacy class that introduces our employees to financial information to help them better understand our open-book management system and help them understand finance in general.
We promote a book club to encourage all employees to read and grow both personally and professionally. Additionally, our company offers a robust tuition assistance reimbursement program. With this program, Bay Shore will help cover the cost of online courses, continuing education seminars, training conferences, leadership programs, associate degree, bachelor’s degree and even a master’s degree. You build your plan, and Bay Shore will help you achieve your dream.
Bay Shore Systems loves giving back to the community and making the world around us a better place. How the company contributes to the community is an important part of employee morale and fosters pride in the company and our community.
Our employees are given two hours off during regularly scheduled work hours to volunteer with the charity of their choice.
Some of the organizations Bay Shore makes charitable donations to are: Lutherhaven Camp, local schools, Boys’ and Girls’ Club, Inland Northwest Food Network, and Post Falls Senior Center.
Annually Bay Shore Systems hosts a Charity Golf Tournament with the proceeds benefiting such organizations as Ronald Mc Donald House of Kootenai Medical Center Campus, Nature Conservancy of Idaho, and Elevations Spokane. In 2021, we hosted the “23rd take 2” annual tournament to benefit UHM . With the help of our sponsors (comprised of our customers, vendors, and employees) we collected approximately $30,000 to help preserve and restore the lands of beautiful Northern Idaho!
Bay Shore Systems prides itself on having a competitive benefit package. Through these benefits, and more, our goal is to provide the best jobs our employees have ever had.
- • Medical coverage for employees and their family with the majority of the premiums paid by Bay Shore Systems.
- • Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- • Dental
- • Vision
- • Company Paid Basic Life
- • Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- • Long Term Disability
- • Group Term Voluntary Life
- • 401(k) and company match
- • 10 paid holidays per year
- • Vacation/PTO based on tenure and exempt status
Perks & Fringe benefits
Bay Shore succeeds when its employees do. We want you to love your job, because when you love your job, you’ll do great things. These are just a few of the things that help make working at Bay Shore Systems the best job you have ever had!
- • Team building activities monthly and annually
- • Indians Baseball and Chiefs Hockey tickets are provided multiple times per year
- • County Fair tickets
- • Summer picnic
- • Annual holiday events
- • Monthly Birthday celebrations
- • Personalized anniversary jacket for milestone anniversaries
- • Custom order BSS “swag”
- • Lunch program: subsidized lunches delivered at minimal cost to employees
- • Lunch and Learn: learn about healthy food choices, physical fitness, financial independence and budgeting, stress management, and a variety of other topics while you enjoy a healthy lunch
- • Healthy snacks (fruit, yogurt, etc.) are provided in the break room at all times
- • Continental style breakfast provided on Fridays
- • All company lunches – catered once per quarter for the whole company
- • Gym membership